Take the guesswork out of paying for college
January 05, 2021
When it comes to figuring out the cost of college, pencil-to-paper calculations can get very challenging very quickly.
To help make it easier to estimate some of the numbers around college financing, Mapping Your Future offers several calculators.
The calculators at mappingyourfuture.org/money/calculators.cfm, include:
- Budget calculator - Helps you develop a saving and spending plan
- Bank balancing tool - Helps you reconcile your checking and savings account records with your bank's records
- Income-based repayment calculator - Estimates your monthly payment amount under the income-based repayment plan for various federal student loans
- Savings calculator- See how saving just a little each month can add up
- Student loan debt/salary wizard - Helps you to understand how much you can afford to borrow in student loan funds (and calculates student loan payments)
- Student loan repayment calculator - Estimates your student loan payments
- Loan consolidation calculator - Estimates your consolidation loan interest rate and payment amount
- Refinance calculator - Allows you to compare monthly payments and total interest paid for their current loan(s) to those amounts with a refinancing offer.
- Weighted average interest rate calculator (offered in conjunction with the Refinance calculator) - Allows you to first calculate the average interest rate of their loans.
For questions about the Mapping Your Future calculators, contact the Mapping Your Future staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.