Operate photographic processing machines, such as photographic printing machines, film developing machines, and mounting presses.
- Remove completed work from equipment.
- Place film in labeled containers, or number film for identification, by hand or by using numbering machines.
- Read work orders and examine negatives and film in order to determine machine settings and processing requirements.
- Insert processed negatives and prints into envelopes so that they can be returned to customers.
- Load circuit boards, racks or rolls of film, negatives, and/or printing paper into processing or printing machines.
- Fill tanks of processing machines with solutions such as developer, dyes, stop-baths, fixers, bleaches, and washes.
- Sort film to be developed according to criteria such as film type or completion date.
- Measure and mix chemicals to prepare solutions for processing, according to formulas.
- Monitor equipment operation to detect malfunctions.
- Clean and maintain photoprocessing equipment, using cleaning and rinsing solutions and ultrasonic equipment.
- Operate special equipment to perform tasks such as transferring film to videotape or producing photographic enlargements.
- Set and adjust machine controls, according to specifications, type of operation, and material requirements.
- Maintain records such as quantities and types of processing completed, rate of materials usage, and customer charges.
- Start and operate machines to prepare circuit boards and to expose, develop, etch, fix, wash, dry, and print film or plates.
- Inspect film or circuit patterns on photographic plates to locate any defects; discard defective products or repair them, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Splice broken or separated film, and mount film on reels.
- Retouch photographic negatives or original prints to correct defects.
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Printing Machine Operators
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders