Sell goods or services door-to-door or on the street.
- Answer questions about product features and benefits.
- Arrange buying parties, and solicit sponsorship of such parties, in order to sell merchandise.
- Circulate among potential customers or travel by foot, truck, automobile, or bicycle to deliver or sell merchandise or services.
- Contact customers to persuade them to purchase merchandise or services.
- Deliver merchandise, and collect payment.
- Develop prospect lists.
- Distribute product samples or literature that details products or services.
- Explain products or services and prices, and demonstrate use of products.
- Order or purchase supplies.
- Stock carts or stands.
- Set up and display sample merchandise at parties or stands.
- Write and record orders for merchandise, or enter orders into computers.
- Enterprising - Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Education - These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
- Training - Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
- Experience - Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Driver/Sales Workers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Retail Salespersons
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products