Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food and supplies.
- Set up banquet tables.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and salad bars.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Realistic - Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Education - Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Training - Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Experience - Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials