- Provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need who are attending eligible postsecondary schools.
- Allows students to earn money to pay educational expenses.
- Allows student to gain valuable work experience within their field of interest.
- Pay is based on federal minimum wage standards, but varies with job requirements, skill, and experience levels.
- Indicate on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) that you want work-study assistance, or notify the financial aid office at your college.
For more information
- Talk to your high school counselor.
- Contact your college's financial aid office.
- Call the U.S. Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID (433-3243).
- Visit the Student Aid on the Web Federal Work-Study page