Find scholarships and grants
Scholarships and grants are considered "gift aid" because, in most cases, you do not have to repay them.
- There are several federal grant programs. Read more about these programs:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
To apply for these programs, complete the FAFSA. You must be eligible for federal financial aid.
- Scholarships are often awarded based on the following:
- A particular field of study
- Ethnic background
- Religious affiliation
- Special interest