New NSLDS Professional Access website to debut in late July
June 28, 2022
If you are planning on taking a few days off this summer, you may want to consider taking the much-needed break in late July.
That’s when the Department of Education plans to take down the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Professional Access website for a few days to prepare for a new website, which will be available in late July.
According to a June 27 Electronic Announcement, the Department plans to release a new National NSLDS Professional Access website to Federal Student Aid professional partners on July 25. To implement the new site, the Department will take down the current NSLDS Professional Access website on Wednesday, July 20 at 6 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
According to the announcement, the new site will feature the following:
- An enhanced look and feel.
- A comprehensive overview of a recipient’s total financial aid history in one central location.
- A breakdown of a borrower’s aggregate loan amounts.
- Enhanced access to a student's current and future grant information, which is synchronized with information from the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
- A simplified process for most reports that allows users to download reports directly to their desktop without using their Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) mailbox.
Some features will remain the same on the site, including:
- The NSLDS Professional Access URL will continue to be nsldsfap.ed.gov.
- Users will log in with their existing credentials; no additional enrollment will be necessary.
- Customer service will continue to be available at 1-800-999-8219 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EA contains additional details about upcoming reporting deadlines, website and customer service outage windows, and training resources.