June tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
June 01, 2022
Congratulations on your graduation from high school!
Like most high school graduates, you may be just now catching your breath after all the activity surrounding the end of the senior year.
It's a good time for you to relax and reflect on your accomplishments. But once you've had some time to consider all that you have accomplished, it's time to start planning for education and life beyond high school.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of June:
- Plan for college transportation.
- Notify your high school guidance office of your college selection and any scholarships received.
- Follow up with the financial aid office to ensure all paperwork is complete.
- Attend or register to attend college orientation.
- Make sure thank you notes for graduation gifts are written.
- Review the college packing list and start collecting items needed for the fall.
- Work with your parents or guardians on things that you need to know how to do, or how to do better, while at college, like doing laundry, taking care of your car, or balancing your bank account.
Make sure all your hard work pays off by continuing your pursuit of education beyond high school.