April tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
March 31, 2021
Your senior year was probably not quite what you anticipated due to the pandemic. But despite all the upheaval, it's important that you stay focused and finish your high school career strong.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of April:
- Keep a close eye on your e-mails (including spam and junk folders) for important messages.
- You might have messages or other correspondence from your counselors about available scholarship applications and other end of year requirements.
- You might receive important information, perhaps with large attachments, that might go into a spam or junk folder.
- Complete scholarship applications, paying close attention to the deadlines and instructions.
- Compare financial aid award letters.
- Make your final school decision and mail deposits, as required.
- Check with the school you've chosen about returning financial aid award letters.
- Notify the schools you have chosen NOT to attend.
- Plan for registration, orientation, and housing, and mark your calendar with important dates.